Monday, August 15, 2011

Well hello there!

Hello, the internet! Did you miss me?

Wait. What do you mean you don't remember me?

Well, I guess that's fair enough. I had a blog a couple of years ago which did get a few (though admittedly not many) readers, but ultimately I decided to shut it down. I can't remember exactly why I did that, though. I have a feeling it's because I wasn't updating it anymore and didn't fancy having a record of everything I'd said on the internet floating around. I suppose that was kind of redundant seeing as once something's been put on the internet it never comes off the internet, but hey, I closed it, and that's that.

But that's the past! Today's a brand new day and I thought it was about time I set up a blog again. I mean, I love complaining, and what better place to do it than in a blog?

Now, I suppose I could have set up a blog complaining about life in general, but a) I don't have a lot to complain about (justifiably, at least), and b) I don't particularly want to do that anyway - let's have some positivity! So, as you can tell from the URL, this blog is going to chronicle my thoughts on what I'm watching on telly at the moment. I mean, the timing's perfect, isn't it? I'm one season into Smallville with nine whole seasons to go, the new series of Doctor Who is about to start, Merlin will be back on our screens before long and in 2012 we should be getting new series of both Sherlock and Miranda! What's not to love?

So yes, that's my little introductory post over and done with. With any luck the next entry I write will be published soon! I'm still waiting for Seasons 2 and 3 of Smallville to arrive in the post, and even though Season 2 was sent out on Thursday it's still not bloody arrived! I need my Smallville/Tom Welling fix, damn it! In a way, that was another reason why I chose to start blogging again; reviewing Season 1 of Smallville might help to distract me from how angry I am that either my Amazon seller or the Royal Mail is incompetent. So, in all likelihood, Smallville Season 1 (or maybe just certain episodes - I'm not sure) is what will be reviewed first.

I can't promise how often I'll be updating this, though. It's the middle of August so there's no school, but I'm still very busy. I have regular driving lessons, I have a bloody massive EPQ to do (in fact, as soon as I finish typing I'll be off to read some more of James Shapiro's 1599 which, after a slow start, is actually rather interesting now), and after that I'll have to work on writing some more of a play that's going to be put on by the school in October (I hadn't realised until now how bloody close October is!). Then I'll be starting a week of work experience soon (at a film company! Exciting times!), and before I go back to school I have to write another play. I don't see why it has to be done over the summer, though - it's not going to be put on until 2012! Still, at least this one has only got to be 25 minutes long.

Anyway, I realise that this post wasn't exactly about telly, but hopefully it'll be the only post on this blog that isn't.

Looking forward to updating soon!

Julia
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment